Mesa Boogie Throttle Box Distortion
The Home of Tone®
MESA® Drive Pedals are built by the very same artisans that create the Award Winning Mark Five™, and the legendary Dual and Triple Rectifier®. They stand ready to serve up all genres of ROCK with cut and aggression, while retaining much of the signature warmth and organic sonic quality found in our amplifiers. Ranging from high to lower gain applications, including classic rock or howling blues, we have a drive pedal that will help you achieve the sounds that so many artists have employed in our amps to create the world’s heaviest guitar tones! And like each and every MESA product, our pedals are built using the same quality components, craftsmanship and inspiring performance as our custom amplifiers...all hand-built in Petaluma California, USA.... the Home of Tone®!
The THROTTLE BOX™ Distortion serves up all genres of ROCK with cut and aggression, but retains the signature warmth and organic sonic quality found in all our amplifiers. While its main strengths lie in higher-gain sounds, it is quite versatile and it’s lower gain options shouldn’t be overlooked for classic rock or howling blues. The THROTTLE BOX also features a unique MID CUT that scoops out midrange to produce the signature Boogie® “V” EQ-curve that so many artists have employed in our amps to create the world’s heaviest guitar tones!
- Designed and Handcrafted in Petaluma, California, USA
- True Bypass On/Off Switching - Bypasses all circuitry when off to ensure no tonal loss
- Gain Control allows you to dial in the perfect amount of classic to modern high-gain
- Lo/High Gain Switch provides classic crunch to modern meltdown
- Master Level Control provides a variable range of signal boost up to +20dB
- Tone Control balances the amount of high frequencies
- Mid-Cut Control provides powerful mid-scoop for modern high-gain styles
- Internal EQ-Boost Switch provides added style/voicing option
- On/Off Status LED
- 9V Battery Powered or Externally Powered (optional) via External Power Jack Input
- Input & Output Jacks (Nominal Input -20dB)
- Dimensions (W/D/H): 2.87" x 4.77" x 2.28" (73mm x 122mm x 58mm)
- Weight: 0.865 lbs. (393g) with battery, 0.765 lbs. (347g) without battery
- True Bypass Switching
- Battery Type: 9VDC (one)
- Power Consumption (Current Draw): 9VDC/25mA
- External Power Supply (Not Included): WARNING!!! To avoid immediate damage and voiding the warranty, the External Power Supply MUST be 9VDC with a NEGATIVE CENTER plug polarity and a jack plug size of 2.1mm x 5.5mm.
- Input Impedance: 1M Ohm (500k Ohm minimum)
- Output Impedance: 10k Ohm