VIDEO THAT’S BIGGER, BRIGHTER,
AND MORE BRILLIANT THAN EVER BEFORE.THE ZOOM Q4NHandy Video Recorder
With its 10 advanced lighting presets, the Q4n captures our highest-quality video ever — from bright daylight to a low-lit club to striking sunset. And with Zoom's superb audio quality, the Q4n provides a combination no other camera can match.
From Sunlight to Low-Light
10 “Scene” presets ensure great results in various environments—even low-light venues like nightclubs. These include “Concert Lighting” (where adjustments are made for lighting conditions that can drastically change) and “Concert-Low Light”, both designed for dimly lit locations. There are also specific Scene settings tailored for shooting at jazz clubs and rehearsal studios, as well as outdoors—even at sunset and at night.
The Q4n shoots in a variety of HD and WVGA formats, from high-resolution 2.3k video (2304 x 1296 pixel/30fps/24Mbps 3M HD) down to compact 30fps/5Mbps WVGA files. It has a greatly improved aperture (F2.0 to be exact) for bright, brilliant video, as well as a 160° wide-angle lens, and five steps of digital zoom.
Zoom has a long-standing reputation for products with outstanding audio, and the Q4n is no exception.
It supports high-resolution 24-bit / 96 kHz stereo sound and its built-in microphones can handle high sound pressure levels (up to 140 dB SPL) for distortion-free recording in even the loudest environments.
You can also connect external mics and other devices via a 1/8" stereo input jack, and monitor with either headphones or its built-in speaker. There's also an HDMI video output for connection to HDTVs, making it easy to view your creations on location or at home.
Attach the Q4n to your guitar with Zoom's optional GHM-1 guitar headstock mount to get a close-up of your technique, or use the MSM-1 microphone stand mount to place one or more Q4n’s around various areas of the stage and complete the experience. With its included adapter, the Q4n is compatible with all three-prong action camera mounts and accessories, providing limitless possibilities.
Point. Shoot. Done.
The Q4n offers features that make it easy to use, including one-button recording, automatic microphone gain adjustment, and a rotating full-color touchscreen LCD.
The Camera for Creators
Whether it's used for YouTube videos, podcasts, or streaming live performances, you can count on your Q4n to capture bright, clear video with exceptional audio quality.
Connect and Share
A USB port lets you connect your Q4n to any computer or iPad* so you can use it as a web camera or USB microphone. You can also stream live, transfer recordings, and recharge your battery.**
* Apple Camera Connection kit required
** Computer connection only
Features at a Glance
- High-quality 160° wide-angle lens (F2.0/16.6 mm)
- 10 “Scene” options for use in different lighting environments, plus five steps of digital zoom
- Records directly to SDXC cards up to 128 GB for extended recording times
- Easy one-button recording
- Full-color rotating touchscreen LCD
- Support for five HD video modes, up to 2304 x 1296 pixels (3M HD), as well as two WVGA modes
- Video bitrates up to 24 Mbps for extended image quality and frame rates of up to 60 fps (at 720p) for capturing fast-action video
- Self-timer function to delay video recording by 3, 5, or 10 seconds
- HDMI video output for connection to HDTVs, selectable between NTSC and PAL
- Records video and audio in MOV format
- Can be used as standalone audio recorder, with data saved in AAC and WAV formats, up to 24-bit / 96 kHz
- Built-in stereo microphones can be configured for A/B or X/Y, capable of handling sound levels up to 140 dB SPL
- Analog-style level control with onscreen level metering and 2-color status LCD on lens
- 3 Auto Gain presets for automatic control over audio input level
- Stereo input for use with external devices plus support for plug-in power
- Headphone / line-level output and built-in speaker for fast audio monitoring
- Supplied windscreen and low-cut filter for the elimination of low-frequency noise and rumble
- USB interface for live streaming and data transfer
- Compatible with USTREAM Producer, Flash Live Media Encoder, Skype, and other popular streaming applications
- Webcam and USB mic function (with low-latency direct monitoring) when used with computers and iPads (Apple Camera Connection Kit required for use with iPad)
- Includes rechargeable Li-ion battery (chargeable via USB or optional AC adapter) with battery life of more than 3 hours
- Built-in standard tripod mount and included tripod-to-3-prong adapter for compatibility with all action camera mounts
- Operation manual
- Lithium-ion battery (1050mAh BT-02)
- 3-prong action camera mount adapter
- USB to mini-USB cable
- Sponge windscreen
- Lens cover
- Lens hood