Martin Guitars Custom Series D-41 Torrefied Sitka & East Indian Rosewood 2015 - Natural
Limited Edition SN# 1921408
A 14 fret, non-cutaway Dreadnought, the CS-D41-15 features a Sitka spruce top with Martin’s new Vintage Tone System (VTS). The East Indian rosewood back and sides beautifully showcase a unique ribbon inlay of cocobolo and flamed mahogany. This enticing inlay design is further enhanced with mother-of-pearl against an ebony background throughout the headplate and fingerboard. Flamed mahogany binding visually completes the CS-D41-15, making this limited edition model one that is both beautiful to the beholder and pleasing to the ear. Limited to a quantity of 115.
The new Martin Vintage Tone System (VTS) uses a unique recipe that is based on the historic torrefaction system. The VTS acts much like a time machine in which Martin can target certain time periods and age the top/braces to that era. This focused method allows Martin’s craftsmen and women to recreate not only the pleasing visual aesthetics of a vintage guitar, but also reproduce the special tones previously reserved for vintage instruments.
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce w/ VTS
- Rosette: Style 45
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard "X" Scalloped - Golden Era Style
- Top Braces: Solid Adirondack Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Back Purfling: none
- Side Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: Flamed Mahogany
- Endpiece Inlay: Black/Maple/Black Fiber
- Binding: Flamed Mahogany
- Top Inlay Style: Style 41 - Abalone Pearl with Black/Maple/Black Fiber
- Side Inlay: Black/Maple/Black Fiber
- Back Inlay: B/M/B Fiber and Multi-Piece Cocobolo and Flamed Mahogany Tapered Ribbon Inlay
- Neck Material: Flamed Cedar
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval w/PA Taper
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood w/ Multi-Piece Cocobolo and Flamed Mahogany Tapered Ribbon Inlay
- Heelcap: Flamed Mahogany
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Number of Frets Clear: 14
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Ribbon/Concave Square Design w/ Abalone MOP and Genuine Mahogany
- Fingerboard Binding: Flamed Mahogany
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-3/16''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
- Tuning Machines: Gold Grand Tuners w/Oval Flamed Koa Buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
- Bridge & End Pins: Bone w/Paua Pearl Dots
- Pickguard: Tortoise Color
- Case: Geib Style - Custom Shop
- Interior Label: none
- Electronics: none